Cemeteries in the Chesterfield and District area
There are four cemeteries in Chesterfield district which are operated by Chesterfield Borough Council
Spital Cemetery opened in 1857
Brimington Cemetery opened in 1878
Staveley Cemetery opened in 1884
Boythorpe Cemetery opened in 1919
At present the Cemetery Office will conduct searches for the public at £6 per name. However many of the records, particularly the older ones, are at Derbyshire Records Office and also at Chesterfield Local Studies Library on microfilm.
There are four main cemeteries in Chesterfield which are operated by Chesterfield Borough Council. Contact email@example.com
Boythorpe opened 1919
Brimington opened 1878
Spital (also known as Chesterfield Cemetery) opened 1857
Staveley opened 1884
Other cemeteries operated by North East Derbyshire District Council. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Danesmoor and Clay Cross opened 1878
Hasland opened 1883
Killamarsh opened 1995
Temple Normanton register starts 1908 but there are some old gravestones in the cemetery
Chesterfield and District Crematorium
The crematorium opened on 31st October 1959.
The crematorium is administered by Chesterfield Borough Council on behalf of the Bolsover, North East Derbyshire and Chesterfield Councils.
Address: Chesterfield and District Crematorium, Chesterfield Road, Brimington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 1AU
Tel Nos: (01246) 345 888
Email address: email@example.com
Newbold Gospel Chapel on the left.
Spital Cemetery on the right.
Hasland Parish Church
Holy Trinity Parish Church on Newbold Road
St Marys and All Saints, Chesterfield
|Old Bolsover Town Council||Bolsover||01246 firstname.lastname@example.org||Oxcroft Lane, Bolsover, Derbyshire|